Venue information and support
- Our main entrance is located on Union Way, Opposite Sainsbury’s car park (Disabled parking bays can be found directly opposite the Brewhouse entrance doors).
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There are two main doors which open automatically when entering the building.
- The same two main doors are used to exit the building, and are operated via a wall button which is situated 84 CM from the ground.
- The width of the door opening is 147cm (4ft 9in).
Our Box Office
- The Box Office is located in front of the entrance doors and to the left.
- The desk is 5m (5.4 yd) from the entrance doors.
- There is step free access to the Box Office/ Reception.
- The reception desk/counter is 110 cm from the ground
- There is a low section of the counter (74cm from the ground) available to the left of the main desk.
- The desk is staffed at all times.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located opposite to the auditorium doors which can be found by following the wall around to the right of the reception/ box office.
- Floors 0 and 1 may be accessed by the lift.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The open door width is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions inside the lift are 106 cm x 140cm (3ft 5in x 4ft 7in).
- There is one door used for both entry and exit in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- There is a handrail on the right as you enter the lift, situated 100cm from the lift floor.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille and tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 100cm – 120cm from the floor.
Access to toilets
- There are both male and female toilets situated directly outside of our auditorium on the ground floor.
- There is a Disabled toilet on the 1st floor of the building, situated to the left of the stairs/ lift, and then through a set of manually opened double doors.
- During events, these doors are propped open. However, in the case that assistance is needed to open these doors, please ask a member of staff who would be happy to help.
- The 1st floor can be accessed by either the stairs or the lift.
- Assistance dogs are always welcome in all areas of the building.
- If you have any other needs that we have not covered on this page, please get in touch and let us know so that we can do our very best to give you full and equal access to our services.